"LABEL MATES. "AMY WITH HER PROTEGE, 13- YEAR OLD GODDAUGHTER DIONNE".

"Amy’s mane act is family, affair".

Label mates ... Amy with her protege, 13-year-old goddaughter Dionne


"MOST people's idea of a fairy godmother is a nice old dear with a wand".

"25.09.2009."But while AMY WINEHOUSE's beehive, tattoos and druggie past may not fit the image, she's busy working her magic for goddaughterDIONNE BROMFIELD. The singer has conjured up a top recording contract for the 13-year-old starlet on her new label Lioness Records, which launches this week".

"To mark the occasion, Amy ha given me an exclusive first listen to her protege's debut album, Introducing Dionne Bromfield, out on October 12. Check the video out above to see what you think of the starlet".Amy reckons the youngster will go on to be an even bigger star than she is".

"She said: "The first time I heard Dionne sing, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, such an amazing voice from such a young girl. She's so much better than I was at her age. I'm just so proud of her".

"I'm very lucky to have a record label. I've got all these people that I love that are really talented - and Dionne is my number one."

"The Back To Black singer also revealed the name Lioness was inspired by another family member. It comes from a lioness pendant given to her by her beloved nan Cynthia, who died a few year".

"Amy said: "My nan was like my best friend. She was the sweetest, strongest, most amazing person I've ever met and when I was thinking of what to call the label I picked up the necklace and knew straight away that I'd call it Lioness, in honour of Cynthia."After hearing her first signing's tracks, there's no doubt Dionne is a big talent".

"Her voice is so mature it is hard to believe this is the wee girl we've seen in the snaps with her Auntie Amy, including that two-month break in the Caribbean. Dionne's album is a compilation of covers of classics including Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Tell Him and Amy's favourite, My Boy Lollipop".

"Amy has been heavily involved in the album's production and even does backing vocals on a couple of tracks, including first single Mama Said, out on November 2. She said: "Dionne can take any song and make it her own. She's a great songwriter herself and a great guitarist. I want her to experience life so that she can write more".

"Singing songs that are personal, it's deep. But she knows what she's doing. To be honest, when I say Dionne's like my sister, a lot of the time she's like my older sister."It sounds like an odd relationship if she views the teenager as her senior. I just hope Dionne doesn't finish up with a Prince Charming like Amy's ex BLAKE FIELDER-CIVIL".

Comentarios