"LA ESTRELLA DEL POP, "MADONNA" ¿EN BUSCA DE LA "CÁBALA JUDIA?". "COMENTÓ QUE HA ESCRITO A UN DIARIO ISRAELÍ, PARA INFORMARSE SOBRE EL TEMA".

"JENNIFER FERMINO".

LIKE A PRAYER: Madonna, who famously wore crucifixes in the '80s, was born Catholic -- but says she "woke up" with kabbalah.
LIKE A PRAYER: Madonna, who famously wore crucifixes in the '80s, was born Catholic -- but says she "woke up" with kabbalah.


"01.08.2009."It was a chance comment at a dinner party that sparked Madonna's interest in kabbalah after she had spent years "looking for an answer," the pop star revealed in a column she penned yesterday for an Israeli newspaper".

"When a woman at the dinner in Los Angeles recommended a class in the Jewish mystical movement that she was taking with a rabbi, the Catholic-born Madonna initially balked".

"I told her I wasn't Jewish," Madonna, now 50, wrote".

"The woman persisted, "What difference does it make what it's called and what religious upbringing you have had if you are inspired?".

"Madonna writing for Yediot Ahronoth, Israel's largest daily, a month before bringing her "Sticky & Sweet" tour to the country, said her interest was piqued".

"I had traveled the world many times over, performed in soccer stadiums, appeared in films, dined with state leaders, collaborated with great artists and achieved what most people would view as a high level of success," she wrote".

"But I still felt something was missing in my life."

"When the fateful encounter occurred nearly 14 years ago, a pregnant Madonna had been studying Buddhism, including the Dalai Lama's teachings, and Taoism for years in a desperate bid for spiritual fulfillment".

"I was raised a catholic and my father was very religious but none of my questions ever really got answered when it came to trying to understand why people suffered in the world or what the meaning of life was all about," she wrote".

"The pending arrival of her child, Lourdes, now 12, made her spiritual quest more urgent".I thought, 'What will I teach my child about the important things in life?' " she wrote".

"When Madonna showed up for her first kabbalah class, taught by Eitan Yardeni, the Jewish mystic to the stars who reportedly teaches Alex Rodriguez, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher, she was hooked".

"I heard what he had to say, and I knew at this moment my life would never be the same," she wrote".

"I began to go to the classes regularly and sit in the class with my notebook. No one bothered me. I took notes. I met with Eitan privately and asked a lot of questions. The thing that was encouraged the most was to inquire further."

"Madonna, who is preparing to embark on her first Israeli concert appearances in 26 years, went on to become one of kabbalah's highest-profile devotees, deeply involved with the Kabbalah Center in LA".

"I realized I had finally found a 'belief system' or philosophy that incorporated Science and Spirituality," she wrote".

"I was learning about Physics, Astronomy, Nature and the laws of Cause and Effect. All the puzzle pieces started falling into place. Life no longer seemed like a series of Random events. I started to see patterns in life. I woke up"

"Madonna also writes about how her conversion to kabbalah led her to Malawi, where she adopted two children". After she befriended kabbalah scholar Michael Berg, they formed the foundation Raising Malawi".

"We were both looking for a project to do with children and lo and behold a Malawian woman appeared and told us about the plight of over 1 million children orphaned by AIDS," she wrote".

"The experience was life-changing, she wrote".

"In this case the children of Malawi are the teachers. They have taught me so much. And they continue to teach me".

"jennifer.fermino@nypost.com".

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

"LINDSAY LOHAN", SEMIDESNUDA, REALIZA SU "POSADO" MÁS CONTROVERTIDO". "LO HA HECHO PARA LA REVISTA "MUSE".

"DE VACACIONES EN EL CARIBE". "CON 27 AÑOS, PARECE QUE ESTÁ, EN EL "MORPHING GEORDIE"."KIMBERLEY SE ENCUENTRA TRABAJANDO".

"Beating Blackjack, Roulette, and the Stock Market: The 90-Year-Old Gambl...